Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: torn in flesh

Sparkles of Life

Sunday, April 8, 2007

torn in flesh

Today was pretty fun. Went down to help the scouts with their pioneering. I was pretty excited about this pioneering activity when i first heard of it. However, I had to admit i was a little disappointed when i saw the actual design of the bridge. When i first heard that they were going to build a bridge across the river which divided SAS frm SAJC, i had pictured a proper bridge made from like all those long wooden spars. like perhaps, join several spars together to get a plank to step on and supported onto two A-frames at the oppposite end... haha. oh well, the actual product wasnt too bad too. They tied 2 double A-frame, one at each side of the river bank, and a rope run across the 2 A-frames. The ropes are attached to a Block and Tackle system to enable us to tighten the rope whenever it gets slack. Pretty cool cos i havent got the opportunity to see how the block and tackle system is used.

But anyway, haha i am of not much help in pioneering since i can barely tie a structure myself so I could only try to give a bit of pointers and feedback about the knots. Quite surprised to learn a different method of tying the square lash though. I was taught to start the lashing on the vertical spar connected to the ground and to end on the other horizontal spar, but my seniors did it the other way instead which was unconventional but i guess it' ok lah... both methods had their smilar reasons and rationale. Guess it's just like how some people start their lashing with clove hitch even though the 'proper' way is too start with the timber hitch. okie enough! gettting too scouty here. But anyway since i am of not much help in pioneering... since i went for seamanship instructorship and not pioneering instructorship, haha my main role today was the first aider.

And my gosh, haha there was like an over-whelming response for medic treatment. People are like taking turns to get cuts, rope burns, blisters, splinter-cuts etc. But haha anyway i am more than happy to treat them all. HEH HEH. oops sadist laughter? No no no... i am a professional medic. Very gentle. But i realise that boys are actually much whinier than i thought. They were growling away when i poured the antiseptic solution over their wound to wash them. Is it really that painful? Ok fine, it is painful i know since i had the opportunity to dress my own wound during camps before and felt that stinging sensation myself. But it is within those bearable treshold i feel. No need to scream, so boys 'be a man!'. haha =D

oh one of the boys had a splinter under his finger nail though... the first case i had encountered so far... n my goodness... please do not ever let me come across such case again. It took my friend and I like almost an hour to get it out. We had to slowly trim his finger nail n keep trying to pry under his nail for the splint. N oh course he was pretty much in pain but there is not much choice for him. oh well thank goodness, I managed to tweezed it out in e end. so case closed.

Tweezing that stubborn splint out reminds me of somthing though... a torn in the flesh. hahaha. which brings me back to melody of euphoria!! That place is really really getting more n more like a rubbish incinerator plant, packed with people who reeked and behaved exactly like those worthless trash. Don't understand why must the world revolve around back stabbing one another. My back is like all scarred, meshed up, blood gushing out... N i am like on the verge of crossing over to the dark side even. I was so determined to get back and to show those bunch of bravo india tango charlie hotel that i can be a even better actress man! please man I can get even more cunning and ruthless.

But God is gracious and He spoke to me again.

'Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven u' (Eph 4:32)

'Be angry, yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger' (Eph 4:26)

'For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God.' ( 1 Pet 2:19)

Forgiveness is a matter of will and not emotion because it is a very clear commandment from God. However, our forgiveness does not exempt people from the judgement of God, it doesnt mean that they are not held accountable. So just as God had forgiven us who are sinners, we should be gracious enough to forgive our fellow sinners.

Erm... I'll admit... I am still stubbornly clinging on to abit of the anger... but praise the Lord, alot of it has gone already after dwelling in His words. sigh... let's just stay in DMZ and pray for the best. Pray that God will reveal to them that they are hving double standards man. I just pray for all these nonsense to stop man, if not even the best medic cant heal my meshed-up back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home