Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: chomp chomp trauma

Sparkles of Life

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

chomp chomp trauma

A foodborne illness (also foodborne disease) is any illness resulting from the consumption of food. Although foodborne illness is commonly called food poisoning (wikipedia.com).

After that sumptuous Father's Day dinner at chomp chomp whereby my parents and I feasted on the mouth-watering grilled stingray, fried chicken wings, satays, stir fry kang kong w chilli, mussels (a.k.a dua tao which only my dad dared to eat... cos it's too gooey for my mom and I's liking), fish porridge and chocolate dao hui, I SUFFERED from the consequences of my own gluttony!

ARGH. Life is unfair once again. Both my parents, pleased and happy with their dinner, woke up to a beautiful morning yesterday, while I woke up with a churning rumbling stomache which soon caused me to turned into our state symbol- The Merlion.

Within one morning I puked at least 4 times. ARGH. To the point that my stomach which was already void of food started spewing its own bile and gastric juices. GOSH, that sickening greenish fluid which is very soon followed by a thick yellow viscous fluid with traces of oil floating on the surface. BLEAHX

It was so unfortunate that my dad was not at home then. And I am so amazed and impressed with my mom. Haha she was so focused on getting her housework done quickly so that she would then be free to bring sickly me to the clinic, that she appeared almost nonchalant towards my entire ordeal. There i was puking my bile out and making all that noise that would probably have induced everyone around me to puke as well(too bad there wasnt anyone else at home), while there she was in the same toilet with me frantically scrubbing the toilet window oblivious to her surrounding. It once again prove my point. My mom is definitely not the motherly sort. hahaha.

Through the history of my growing up years she had shown herself to be quite manly indeed. She is not the sort of women who whine at all, she doesnt complain of pain and sickness, she is not afraid of ANYTHING (except ghost and rats), she was indifferent when i went for my tekan camp while my dad wept as he sent me off to the camp. But oh well, I guess i had inherited abit of her garang nonchalant side too. haha since i had also proved that i wouldn't whine or squeal at bugs should situation calls for it and i too can take care of the sick and watch people retched their entire being out without my stomach giving its slightest churn. Haha i love my mom all the same.

Back to my plight. And so i spent the entire day bed ridden and not being able to eat. Unless u count 3-4 spoons of gruel as eating. ARGH...I swear i will never step into chomp chomp ever again nor will i be a greedy pig EVER again!!!

Woke up this morning feeling so much better. Praise the Lord for His healing hands and clement's prayers. But well after a traumatic day, I am zapped of all energy. Even walking to my toilet from my room was such a strenuous activity for me that i had to breathe so heavily, and brushing my teeth had almost triggered a blackout from me. Sigh.

But well I am revived now!! yay! praise the Lord! And I even managed to have bread and milo for breakfast just now. Hope i can eat my lunch later ( which is gonna b another meal of gruel) and not be so weak anymore. =)))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home