Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: Encounter

Sparkles of Life

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Encounter

After what happened last cell the really "coincidental" (God planned!) thg with Jasmine that we so happen to wanna pray for each other and e spot on thing about Jasmine's prayer request, this cell brought me a step further. It's really really so amazing. And i really hope that I can really grow and be more and more sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit.

what happened at cell today was actually quite ku-ku-ish. but i am not a kuku! As usual after cell, we have a half hour of praying for one another where we are all encouraged to act as the Spirit prompt us to. to approach whoever we felt led by the Holy Spirit to pray for and to pray for whatever we feel that we should pray for. It's really very nerve-racking and till now i am still not very comfortable w it. cos you just can't trust yourself that you have that level of discernment and sensitivity. But i guess practice makes perfect! And so i thank God for this channel where we can all practise discerning Your will from our own thoughts.

Anwyay so somethg pretty embarrassing and also stunning happened. After cell, i felt that i really got to pray for this friend whom i already felt the prompting to pray for 2 weeks ago but i just didnt act upon it. But today i decided i really GOT to do it. so i went ahead to pray. But after my 1st line of prayer, i just suddenly felt this surge of emotion. totally bizarre. i just cant think rationally or what. I don't even know clearly what is it i am feeling or thinking. just a mixture of sadness, heartache, and some thing else. I really really felt for the people involved in my prayers. I have been praying for them all this while also in my own quiet time but i never lost control of myself. I just started to weep. i just couldn't control. My my. if this happen else where i would have been labelled as a nut case. But fortunately, the friend i was praying for didnt think that i am a kuku idiot but instead went on to pray for me instead to thank me and to assure me that it's perfectly fine but was a manifestation of the conviction that the Spirit had placed in my heart. Oh well, i eventually did manage to pray finish. but it was argh. I've so much to say!!! But my brain just went gibberish. And it's just emotions i felt. But anyway as God gets it no matter what i am sure.

On my way home on the bus, I was reflecting on all these. I think i really have soooo much to thank God for. Wanna thank Him for never gonna give me up. For teaching me such a spiritually dense soul. For even giving such encounters to give me a much greater conviction that i can and am able to be discern the Spirit right and act upon it right. For making me stronger, making me mellow, making me take the u-turn in life, transforming me as He slowly heal me from the gapping wound.

really wanna thank Him for so much. For even cheering me up with all the doors that have opened. the opportunities. for showing me what's more impt and worthwhile in life. to make me realise that i have such gifts and these are nt meant to be wasted but used to love and touch others. my heart ache for others is not just there for nothing. They are meant for me to do something. thank you for making me make the u-turn from self-centeredness to more centered towards You. really countless things to thank for. Thank you that i took courage to be like abraham as well. Please continue to help me to shine more and more as Your daughter.

My Nepal trip, my next step to take into my future may they all rest well in Your hands as well. Abba Father. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home