Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: Timely words and Rejuvenating sounds

Sparkles of Life

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Timely words and Rejuvenating sounds

Music therapy at choir practice again. N seriously God work in wonderous ways. Even the most unimpt prayers can be answered. I prayed that I can just serve him joyously at choir prac today cos frankly it's a real struggle to ditch e books n also drag my battered body from this morning's battle to practice. But really praise God! I had an awesome n fruitful time both vocally n spiritually.

Apparently for e centenary service 2 vocal coaches from this Australian Christian band (nope not hillsong but just as awesome!) were roped in to assist the choir n vocalists. N wow... The coaches totally revived us. We learn to heighten songs, to groove to e songs, to shout praise, to just worship n enjoy. N everyone's singing tgt so strongly n powerfully!! It makes my heart race in excitement as well. It's so free n liberating today! N somehow I don't feel as caged anymore.

N I really like e way e coaches instruct. Really dif from the chinese instructors. No jargons no over harping on techniques n thgs just flows.

N the band again was awesome. Even had some impromptu jazz music from e electric guitarist during break time.

N today's word sharing was perfectly timely and I feel so strengthened once again. Great reminder from the awesome One to consecrate ourselves for God to work wonders among us (Jos 3:5). Idols (no not refering to pop stars but just stuff that distracts you) are such irritating things really. They just keep creeping into your hearts and minds without you realising till one day you're all infested. It's really so true that you don't even have to be a pagan to have idols. With just 2 very blessed semesters, I have forgotten my painful lesson. How sad... I am just like the israelites. Studies and achievements are threatening to get into my head and over-powering His position. It's time to restore Him. And I'm glad the TWO BIG FAT Bs had knocked some senses into me.

Stop the day dreaming. Stop trying to pilot my way through but rather set myself apart for Him to work great things through me. LISTEN before i act. So (though it's soooo hard), CAP 5 I will slay you! And i am so glad this is so timely! There's still 4 more papers to salvage. So God let me mug for your glory for the remaining papers and not for the gratification of my ego.

And time is running out for me to mug for my next paper with the entire day burnt at choir practice but I'll just trust You!

Anyway so it's ONE down and FOUR more! :)))

Oh and one more cool fact! Don't just think you're just one of the insignificant voice amongst the many, cos in one of the battles of the Israelites, it wasn't the army who went ahead but the worship team and they brought the enemies down with their songs and praise. How awesome. So sing! Sing with all you have! Man... i am having my hillsong dream again :((

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home