Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: the little blessings

Sparkles of Life

Sunday, November 1, 2009

the little blessings

Really thank God for the little installments of blessings in my life. Despite the lack of events these days and the times when I feel that I have turned so autistic, the realisation of these lil blessings really brought a smile to my face.

With this hectic semester (pressing deadlines one after another) and with the social enterprise competition which ended only a while back, I really felt my social world in uni contracting from my absence from club activities. With the juniors coming in and the seniors taking a back seat for this semester before the major annual production next semester, it really had become quite a strange place and a stark contrast from the old familiar. With it comes an encroaching emptiness. The tonnes of deadlines one after another didn't help either. I wonder what it would be like after i return from my exchange. I guess to look on the bright side of things, like what Marilyn said I would have gained alot more friends overseas, and I can just join another new club and meet even more people. So I guess yeah... But but!! Doesn't mean the vocalist dream is over!! I must work harder!! And I WILL BE the multi-talented individual that I am always envious of!

So yeah the days of writing endlessly for my endless pile of work had made me feel, and it did happen as well, that I'm withdrawing from the world. The lack of events is really a morale downer. And here I thank God for saving me from a state of self-misery by making me realise the smaller things in life.

Who say that endless events, parties, gigs are the only things that can spice life and give life more colour and meaning? The little blessings that brings you smile can mean alot too. I thank God for great friends. Thank you for sweet Momo with the phone call while i panicked in the deserted hospital and the awesome lift home on fri night. Thank you for the company and chit chat at rehearsal w jas. Thank you for the little after-service lunches w cell every sun. Thank you for the mug date with gori jesmine and the uber fun fish-spa. Gori, it was uber fun, thanks for fish spa-ing w me. :D

I realise little things that bring a smile to your face warm your heart just so much more.

on a side note, I think I have really turned into a sound freak. I really enjoy closing my eyes and just listen to every layer of the music in a song. Feel how every instruments are pieced so brilliantly together. It's another of those little simple joy in life. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home