Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: hair perm and other happy times

Sparkles of Life

Thursday, January 10, 2008

hair perm and other happy times

Had my hair permed finally. Have been wishing, wanting, dreaming, drooling over those long soft loose curls that you always see those korean actresses sport for a long long time. And FINALLY on last saturday (5/1/08) i went to do it!! At Jean Yip. Costed me a HUGE bomb. $170 for hair perm. and the stewpid $88 for treatment which didnt really help. So with such a big sum of money, one would expect a really really FANTASTIC job, but the turn out boohoo was a total flop. FAR CRY from even NEARING the level of GOOD. PUI!

My poor hair, once soft and smooth (ok lah relatively smooth), became FRIED, CHARRED, DRIED, DEHYDRATED, FRIZZY, UNKEMPT, UNRULY, UNSIGHTLY, MESSY. ARGHHHHH. Help *pout*

Someone please rescue my hair. Ok lah but it's kind of better now. less fried. After DAYS of intensive moisturising from me!! it look less fried but AT THE EXPENSE of the curls. it's like almost 3/4 gone. DEFLATED, CHUI-ED, FLACCID, PLASMOLYSED, UNCURL-LIKE. Now it just look like wat my frenz in sch said, 'huh? u got perm meh? oh yah.. maybe have. but look like just abit frizzy'. DAMN. so now it's just frizz and not perm. ARGH *pout some more*

But wat to do? suck thumb. paid so much liao. so i shall just 'savour' this new UNKEMPT STYLE for while more. Untidy hair is a trend now ok! so yah. shall wait for a while more den i shall go n hop to another saloon and do a KOREAN STRAIGHT PERM. yes. i dun trust other lau-pok technology anymore. Want a hair perm that look like those KOREAN actresses? Of cos no shortcut lah! must go get a KOREAN hair perm with their imported technology. So yes Ji Won here i come!! Help me unfried my hair please!

OK lah hair aside, saturday the day i fried my hair, went down to have a farewell tea for shamir with liz, jia jun and of cos shamir. Ate and talked cock. Ordered 5 shots of vodka for him which he downed like water. yeah man that's e way to go!

See pictures! and u can see my fried hair.


At night was investiture followed by an intense After Action Review. Went home at 4 am. *flopped onto my bed*

Then came sunday. busy lil sunday! Went down to the idp fair in the morning. And i am so HAPPY! THE REASON WHY I AM HAPPY FROM SUNDAY UNTIL NOW. i finally HECK CARE all my concerns and reservations and JUST APPLIED!! yay! life rocks. Applied to 3 unis- UWA, UNSW, Monash.

SInce application fees are waived at the fair, i really can apply watever i want, whether i can get in or not, whether i have the money to accept shd i b offered a place or not, doesn't matter anymore. Nothing to lose. So yay! just applied. And surprisingly, this act really bring me much much joy. I think wat i seek is very simple. Just to know that i am worth something. That there are unis out there who would accept me. A form of assurance and affirmation. To boost my self-esteem. To heal my wounded ego. To give myself a chance. A chance for the campus life i longed for. the exposure that a campus will give me, and not by a private institution. a chance for exchange. for global campus-based opportunities.

Anyway, after this was confirmation class in church and then to the airport to send shamir off! And another happy reason! I finally ate my popeye. haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home