Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: blessed weekend

Sparkles of Life

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

blessed weekend

Saturday was real awesome. Skipped my surf class (yet again... ouch my moolah!!) to join this church group on their monthly visit to a children home in Tijuana. Really really love how the home is such a loving place for these kids and how endearing these kids have become. Praise God for the passionate hearts of the people and volunteers at the home and in the church! Because of these people, the kids are so blessed. It's so amazing and I felt that inspiration and inkling once again to wanna build homes for these kids in various parts of the world. They deserve a home, food, education, God's love and a future. I'm just so glad to meet these kids and people.



But this dream is just so big and daunting for me. I doubt. I question. I'm confused. I don't know if I'm sent or was it all just in my own head.

Church on Sunday was real awesome. Once again, I felt God spoke. Do not be shallow with your dream, your passion and volunteer cos God operates in the deep water. (Luke 5- Peter met God cos he obeyed and rowed out into the deep water) And Pastor Jurgen gave such a great answer to this strange phenomenon of why sermons n devotion time always never fail to minister to you even in context of such a big congregation of people: that's cos the world revolves around God and God reside in you!

And a friend came along as well with us to church. first ever visit to church cos of the love he felt at the children home in Tijuana. amazing how God works. and pastor jurgen came to talk to us and as expected of God, pastor jurgen had been living in the same area as my friend in New Zealand for years and they just hit off so well. And at altar call, pastor jurgen just made such a daring move of calling my friend specifically to the front. It's so awesome to find someone with so much faith to make such a daring move and certainly a good judgement of people (knowing that my friend needs to be challenged and won't be turned off by it).

Anyway, after church was a real brief but fun visit to the Wild Animal Park with our rented car from campus. :)


Look at people through the lens of God, for you might be the only Jesus these people see

So blessed in a great multitude of things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home