Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: charity concert

Sparkles of Life

Sunday, May 17, 2009

charity concert

Just returned home from this mini gig done by some of my jc mates to raise funds for their YEP project. Man~~~ i am like envious of them and at the same time re-charged by them and hopeful once again.

I had been wanting to do my own project for like close to 2 years. All the plans lain out but stranded. Really, if God isn't for it, the labourers shall toil in vain. All the obstacles and setbacks over the past 2 years was just sooo discouraging. And it was this year that i decided to take things into my own hands and not wait for others. I had counted upon this mentor for the entire time and all I went was just round and round in circles. And it was then that I realised, i had counted on the wrong person. I should have counted on Him. In His time, the right door will open. I have to seek out the liaison and establish the network connections on my own according to His plans. So yes, this realisation didnt really help me much, it was still a seemingly unsurmountable boulder to my dream and the desire to give up is always at the back of my head.

So tonight was really another source of motivation and inspiration for me again. And i see once again some clues that may lead to some doors for me. I'm envious and inspired at the same time cos those guys were doing exactly the plans that i had for mine. Charity gigs to raise funds for their own project. How awesome. N one not done by any school organisation and therefore not bounded by anything. oh wth.

And anyway i think God has given me the answer too to the questions that i have been pondering as well. What I am doing now is really just sharpening my tools. Picking up drums, keyboards, learning to sing will serve me well in the future. I have to be patient and tenacious. He will open doors for me to love and serve others but first i gotta learn how to love and serve. He will give me a big platform and stage to perform and bring joy to others but first i gotta learn to be a good performers that can move hearts. Yupz!

Ok so serious matter aside, tonight turned out to be unexpectedly fun. Didnt had much hopes on today's gig. I went totally with the mentality of just supporting Jaime and to accompany Jesmine though i seriously doubt she needed my companion cos she know sooo many of the people who were at the concert. But nonetheless, glad i went and Jaime was really the epitome of still water runs deep. MY GOODNESS. Her guitar really really ROCKS. WOOHOO she's really so humble for me to only discover her talent tonight. goodness.

And tonight, i also got to see many old faces whom i haven't met in a while. People like gao li, jairus, hao tian, sean etc. Some expected to see and some unexpected. Even Joel popped up and we just surprised each other with our presence. Hao Tian was another surprise too. Havent seen him for real long! And caught up abit with Jairus. wah.. it just had been so long. it's nice to see everyone lah. And haha even tonight's band!! The Laidcomers!! Ok they may not know, but they appeared in this camp magazine that i did for my PSA project during my venture scout days. Goodness. They were the band that played at Camp Youthnique which was Adam's project then and I was involved as well as camp press. Time flies. Wooo... all feelings of nostalgia come flooding back. haha. And after many years, Laidcomers you guys have improved man! (though technically, only 2 of them were form the old band, e rest are new members). The drummer rocks!

And another surprise at the concert. There was this familiar face that played with the guest band. Haha, and that's Sean/Shawn (not sure the spelling) from Voices! The music director 2 batches our senior. So honoured to hear the legend play today. Anyway it was the usual typical scene of "I think I know you and i think you know i know you too". Didnt show recognition of him as i doubt he knows of my presence in voices, though i thought he showed signs that he recogised who i am. Anyway neither of us made any approach or attempt to go recognise and say hi. K lame episode. But oh well his kb rocks and my fren thinks he's cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home