Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: Personal Vacation

Sparkles of Life

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Personal Vacation

Glad that I made good use of today or rather yesterday (public holiday) to go on a personal vacation. Had a very fulfilling trip and below is my itinerary for the day:

1st stop: Soul-searching
Steph is a greatly ambitious girl! She is a goal setter and goal pursuer. She gets depressed when she realized that she had fallen short of her own high expectations. She aspire to be someone who is genuinely compassionate about serving others, a voice for the oppressed, an inspiration for others, a listening ear for the wounded, a great mentor to her juniors, a filial daughter and most importantly a great child of God.

She’s a control freak in the sense that she has a great desire to be in control of her life with regards to her future. She doesn’t like things unpredictable and not within her control. An area which has to be to work on.

2nd Stop: Spiritual Awareness
Realise that all successes should be credited to God. It is ok to be ambitious and seek great success and recognition in life. However it is important to be clear of the aim behind this. It is not to put your name but His name under the limelight. At the end of the day, it should be Stephanie the humble servant of God who achieved all those through His strength.

And also we should never be overly obsessed with being the in-charged of our life because otherwise we will be trying to be the Almighty. Let Him be the pilot of our life and rest assured that he has a perfect plan for us and therefore we can have peace at heart and stop being fearful of the unpredictables. My small steps: Have a big picture in mind and pray for God’s directions, commit all goals to God and pray that I will desire His will. Set a monthly target to meet and not the really short-termed weekly goals.

Be a responsible young lady. This means not just having a spirit of excellence in work but also be careful about becoming a stumbling block for others. Be really clear of what I want and be more caution of my actions.

3rd Stop: Goal Setting
So after spending quality time with myself and God, it’s time to chart out my life, at least till 10 years later. Haha really big dreams I have, but I do not see them as unrealistic. Big dreams, small disciplined steps. And “I can do all things through Him who gives me strength”. So what’s there to fear? The impossible is nothing. Lol sounds like advertisement.

4th Stop:
I finally decided that today is the auspicious day to clear my bedroom and study. After months of nagging from my mom to no avail, I finally couldn’t stand the sight of the mess myself. As I sieved through the sea of rubbish, I saw the different kinds of rubbish that were accumulated during the different phase of my life. Like notes during my A levels, documents form ventures, and the most recent uni application materials. I even found my dairy from sec to early jc life. It was cool to see my growth over time and I am thoroughly amused at the stuff I wrote last time and also amazed at how much I have grown as a person within these few years. Amazing and drastic change man.


5th Stop: Rover matters
Did some rovers matters. Collated the limited feedbacks (only 2?!) on the squireship programme and started to work on drafting out a framework for this system. It is quite an uphill task to draft something from scratch but is really something that I want to do to contribute to the crew and benefit the juniors I guess.

6th Stop: IAMP (Improve Ang Moh Programme)
YAY! I am finally reading a book again! After a whole 2 years of hectic JC life and abandoning the story books for more important reading materials like notes and reference books? Haha it feels good and I really see the need for me to brush up my English. My ang moh is very the hopeless now.

7th stop: Sewing
Yes I finally took my sewing machine out of the box. My sewing machine had been left happily sitting inside its box since the day I brought it home from best denki. Wanted to sew myself a denim clutch with this envelope design that I drew out myself. Thought it was gonna be a piece of cake. But what the hell, the machine got stuck like twice! 1st time, the ribbon I was sewing was too small and it went into the machine. Then next, I kept sewing out of the cloth when I am joining the edges. So all the threads were stuck inside the machine and I spent most of my sewing time trying to yank them out. ARGH! In the end, haha it’s still pieces of denim cloth lying on the table with no clutch in sight.

Ok the whole personal vacation ends with a really sumptuous dinner at Glutton Square with Justin and Wei Shan. We had 8 chicken wings, rice each, stingray, kang kong and fried hokkien mee. WAH n guess wat, all these still doesn’t satisfy the 3 gluttons and we walked to Lau Pa Sat to have deserts. Mango milk ice. GOSH. GCC must really increase in frequency and intensity. LOL. All in all today was a happy day!! =)

1 Comments:

Blogger creature comfort said...

its good to have a break from everythin n re-assess ur goals dear dao hui..but 10 yrs plan? waaa...ok i tried 2 yr, 3 yr n 5 yr plans before but not 10 yrs..nice to try...gluttony is a deadli sin u noe? ;) must ask beancurd how come suddenli so onz man...wat kinda goals fit in dat 10 yr plan i wonder? share share...n finalli, congratulations on gettin of ya bum 2 clean ur room...

May 5, 2007 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home