Photobucket Photobucket Sparkles of Life: identity crisis

Sparkles of Life

Saturday, February 28, 2009

identity crisis

With the end of emerge, it seems to indicate the end of my season as a singer as well. Kinda sad. But sigh. Don’t see much opportunities ahead of me. But oh well, as I have encouraged some, let’s not give up. Let’s continue to work harder to pursue our passion. And I really hope that someday, I can be that singer that I wanna be. That vocalist that awes people. The vocalist that rocks with her band.

Though I didn’t manage to do what I had set out to do, I guess one can see improvements in the sense that I have a rough idea of where to work on and what to work on. First and foremost, what’s my identity as a vocalist? Goodness. After thinking much and going through my ipod to check out what songs I like, I realize that I am really a pasar malam. I listen to such a wide range of music! I like so many different kinds of songs, that I just don’t know who am I and how I should sing.

Oh well… want an idea of how pasar malam I am? I really love a big range:
I love… r&bs! (like brian mcknight, ne-yo, chris brown, fly to the sky, chemistry, crystal kay etc.)….rap! (fort minor, big bang, epic high etc.)….emo rock!!! (goo goo dolls, 3 doors down, the calling, nickleback)…. Just rock bands!(the fray, lost prophets, switchfoot etc), pop! (jpop, kpop, eng pop, mandopop)…..even regaetton! (daddy yankee!)

Sigh.. such a rubbish dump. No character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home